Thursday 30 May 2013

Elf Haul and Review ♥

Okay so I have been running to get the post everyday to see if my products have arrived and yesterday they did! So I was super excited and spent so long trying them all out and swatching them for you when I should be revising so you better appreciate it! Here you go:


Eye Primer - £1.50

I purchased an eye primer in champagne- it is a almost purple colour and has quite a bit of shimmer through it which I'm not sure whether I like. . I've just tried this and in terms of keeping the eyeshadow on all day its great- especially for the price but due to the shimmer and the darker colour its quite hard to keep the eye looking tidy- would definitely recommend using concealer after.





Elf Contouring Blush and Bronzer in St Lucia - £3.75

This is a product which is raved about by so many of the beauty gurus on youtube and I really wanted to see whether it stood up to its claims. Apparently it is very similar to Nars and the packing definitely reflects that. I love that it has a big mirror so its perfect for on the go and for in your bag. I have quite pale skin and this doesn't look orange or muddy on me, its perfect. I love that the blush has some gold shimmer running through it and even though the bronzer side is matt for contouring it does have a little bit of shimmer in which really adds to that sunkissed glow.


Elf custom compact- Compact 1.50, single pans 45p each ( On Sale)

 I wouldn't have really been interested in this apart from the fact that each pan was only 45p! So obviously I had to get it! I bought the colours Wisteria ( the purple) Wheat ( the darker golden brown) Pink Ice ( the shimmery lighter colour) and a lip colour called Icing ( the pink)

Colours Left to Right: Icing, Wheat, Wisteria and Pink Ice
 
I absolutely love the eye shadow colours, they are so pigmented and not chalky and really last a long time. However the lip colour really disappointed me, I expected it to be much more vibrant when in fact it was more like a tinted lipbalm. This being said it was only 45p!
 
BeautyBook in Eye Brights Edition- £3.00 ( on sale)


When I saw this on the website I thought that most of the colours were matt however all 12 are super shimmery which I still love. This is kind of a hit and miss palette, some of the colours come off as actually quite creamy and are really pigmented whereas others are just like cement and are so powdery they just don't stay on the skin as you can see in my swatches. As I bought it at sale price I'm still quite happy but I would not but a different colour or limited edition at £3 instead I would probably go for an MUA palette. The packing was okay, because of the price I didn't expect it to be fantastic but in comparison to the Blush and Bronzing Contouring Powder which was only a little bit more expensive I did expect a little more.
 






Overall I'm actually super happy with my order, it came really quickly and I will definitely be repurchasing some of these products again :) For the price and the quality of the prouducts its a great brand!

xx

2 comments:

  1. I found this with the eye primer as well so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your hints and tips!! I also found with the BeautyBook the colour quality and sustainability was a bit varied, but I'll definitely be checking out the Blush and Bronzer in St. Lucia! I have a darker skin tone, do you have any recommendations for the shade?
    Thanks for your blog, I love it:)x

    ReplyDelete